Friday, May 30, 2008

THURSDAY! OR IS IT FRIDAY? WHO KNOWS!

Ok, so I wasn't kidding when I said I had my days and nights all messed up. It is now the wee hours of Friday morning and I'm watching Juno, surfing the net for about 500 different things on my a.d.d. mind, laughing a little and crying a little. (I think this movie is responsible for a lot of that.) This movie has got some lingo that is WAY over my pea brain. I obviously need to get a little more hip on my teenage language skills.
No new pictures...my camera battery is dead. I want some rechargeable ones, but can't find any locally. I guess I'm gonna break down and order some. The problem is, I want a new camera and I'm having trouble deciding exactly which one I want. I've been getting lots of advice and am actually gonna test drive one this weekend. My neighbor is a bit of a closet professional photographer and has agreed to let me take hers for the weekend and see what kind of damage I can do. I'm actually pretty excited about it. I love me some pictures.
Last night, I painted my front porch trim. It was a little after 9 when I finished. I wanted to do the small side porch as well, but that's where Chiquita and Banana live. In case you forgot, Chiquita and Banana are my two beautiful little blue jays that have set up home under my side porch. They are absolutely gorgeous and as corny as this may sound, I feel blessed to have them living here. My brother has a little bird at his house. He figures he is a teenage bird that left the nest and has now decided to come back home. My brother named his Chip. That's how this whole bird thing started. I named mine Chiquita and Banana. See, Chip and Chiquita are second cousins. Chiquita is the redneck Mississippi cousin and her boyfriend's name is Banana (I thought that was appropriate for several reasons). Now, I've just grown to really like my little playful birds. Do you ever make up stories about people you don't know? My whole family does this and so do a lot of my friends. It's kinda fun and then it usually ends up really funny when you realize what you came up with for folks.
I was off work all day today. Not exactly by choice. Something happened with a CenturyTel fiber optic line, so I had no phones or computers today. I just left. If I had stayed, it would have driven me crazy. I got a lot done around here. Both kids rooms are now clean and the back porch is painted. I also got the stain for the doors so I can change the color. I'm trying to find some wall monkey decals for Savy's room. She wants polka dots painted on the walls and she wants these monkeys. I found several sites tonight. I need to do some measuring over the weekend and get that taken care of. I also bought fabric for the barstools downstairs and some for some roman shades in SavyG's room. I got it at Fabric 4 Less. They are going out of business and I got it for $3 a yard. You can't do better than that.
I rescheduled my test for June 5! That's the big day. I went and sat at the hospital with Lelania and her dad today. My heart just breaks for that family. Please, please continue to pray for them.
I turned in mom's medicaid paperwork today. Apparently, she has to be seen by multiple doctors over the next few weeks and then hopefully we will have a case built for disability. That would be a huge God send. I feel like I'm letting everyone down right now. I feel like I should have done more for my mom in the past. I say I wasn't able given the circumstances of my life these last several years but that's just an excuse to make me feel better. Anyone is capable of anything they put their minds to.
I really feel like I've failed Dalton. He got MAJOR sunburned on Sunday. I knew he was but I didn't think it was as bad as it really was. I reapplied that waterproof spray Coppertone SPF 30 four different times that day. He was burned several layers deep and his skin is so red it almost looks like it's going to bleed. I put A and D ointment on it and am just keeping a close eye on it. He asked me today why the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. That kind of came out of nowhere. I gave him the best answer I could and told him we would research it further together. Where do these kids come up with this stuff. Today he watched Oprah about her dog Sophie's death and what happens in puppy mills. Now he wants me to call the humane society and see if he can do some volunteer work. Jeff thinks it will break his heart. I think, if they have something he can do, he should try it.
We are going to West Monroe, LA for the 2nd Annual Shake 4 Jake on June 28th. I am so excited. I missed it last year because I was sick. I can't wait to go. We are trying to work out a vacation around this. Right now, we are checking out cruises out of New Orleans. I think that would be a blast.
We are also working on my 35th Birthday Party. I want to go play paintball for my birthday. My cousin Ashley is going to help me get this going. I've always wanted to go play and I can't think of a better reason.
It is now 1 a.m. and I am feeling tired. Jeff is behind me snoring so loud I don't know if I can go to sleep, but I guess I need to try.
Don't be to shy to say I love you. Have a happy Friday.
Cya,
Kacy

No comments: