Monday, May 18, 2009

ROLLING ON

No pics yet, BUT ALMOST. I came home and worked on it some more today and so did my mom and Dalton and Cole (the next door neighbor child) cut grass. SavyG cleaned out the guinea pig cage. (I threatened to take the cage and pig and all to the dump....ROIDS.) It's all coming together. I'm still feeling really good. I'm looking forward to hearing from the doctor tomorrow to see what the new plan is. I just DON'T want to get back to feeling so bad. I didn't realize until now how terrible I was really feeling.
ANYWAY,
Today was plum NUTS. I had to call Miss Girlfriend's mommy today and have a little chat. I'm not easily intimidated at all. Anyone who knows me will tell you that, but I have to admit, I was a nervous wreck!! I didn't know if this woman would even talk to me or if she would cuss me or what she would do. She was quite receptive to what I had to say and she was kind. Dalton's cell does not have voice mail. Savannah's, however, does. After I turned Dalton's off, she filled Savannah's voice mail up twice from Friday night to Monday morning. THAT'S 40 MESSAGES. I don't mean this ugly at all, but to be honest, I think Dalton is relieved for it to be over. He wasn't ready for all of that. I guess that's what made all of this so hard. I honestly wasn't worried about offending "little girl" or her mother, but I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing by Dalton. It's hard to know when to step in and when not to. I'm very concerned about my parenting abilities. I've been struggling with this for awhile. It's so hard to know if you are doing the right things for your kids at the right times. Their ages are just so quirky right now. When they were born, I stayed home with them until they were 3 and 4 years old. It just about killed me, literally. I LOVE being a Mom, don't get me wrong, but I'm a competitive person that thrives on projects and challenges. Once my entire house had been painted and the curtains were all made, I didn't have any more projects. It was tough and I forgot who I was for awhile. We've had a good balance for the last couple of years. Jeff's schedule has been flexible and so has mine. We have both always been able to be there whenever we needed to be. BUT, Jeff's time has been more and more consumed by construction and other job opportunities that at this point in our lives need to be taken advantage of. It still works fine because my schedule is flexible. I just feel like the kids need one of us to be around pretty much all the time. My mom is always here with them, but I'm just not sure that's getting it anymore. They run over her and she's the Granny and she lets them to an extent. That's just part of that relationship, as it should be. Jeff and I were talking about it again last night. I just feel like the kids may need me around more now than they did as infants. IT'S JUST HARD. Gosh, that got deep....but it's been on my mind. (Don't worry, that mind scares me, too.)
Good news, I remembered to turn the car off every time I got out of it today. I bought myself a planner today, too. I'm just going to keep it with me all the time so maybe I'll know where I'm supposed to be. "Work", that's what I have to call the big A (Are You In Good Hands?) on here since I have my securities license, is "strongly encouraging" me to get a Blackberry. We are all independently owned, so they can't make us do it unless they provide them, but without them, they are making it difficult to access certain information. At first, I thought that would be a good idea and I could use the scheduling app and that should help me. THEN, I went and looked at one of them and broke out in a hot flash with hives. That is WAY over my head!! I'll never be able to work all of that mess. Did you know that I had to take the link to my agent page off of my blog when I passed that stupid test and got that license? I also had to disclose to the company that I had a personal blog and they can police it. They do to. I've seen it on the Feedjit thing when they peep in on me. HA. What's up guys?
Back to my lack of technology prowess, Jessi, quit laughing at me. At least I can admit I am a technology MORON! Poor Jessi did some creative work for me and it took me a week to pay her because I couldn't figure out how to work Paypal. Speaking of which, now that it's all set up, I haven't a clue how to do it again.
I think I have Jeff talked into taking me to Canton at the end of the month. He's going to give me the days he can take off tomorrow so I can find us some places to stay!! I CAN'T WAIT. I've been wanting to go for a year now. Melanie, give me all of the inside tips I need to make my trip a good one.
Ashley is in Florida this week and I MISS HER. I called her today, but I haven't heard from her. If I'm gone next week, I really will be in total withdrawal.
I'm heading to bed. I'm hanging with the kiddos tomorrow. I don't want them to go back to school. Thursday is the "last" day anyway. I really just want Dalton out of the drama. We are going to finish up some stuff around here and then go help set up for the 5th grade reception at school. (The 4th grade parents work it every year.) Have a great rest of the week and hopefully, I'll have pictures tomorrow!! of my colorful backyard. (I was thinking Sesame Street, but Jeff says it is more Fred Flintstone. Whatever, I bet the babies LOVE it.)
Peace,
Kacy

No comments: