Saturday, November 29, 2008

Catching Up & Being Thankful

1. Jesus. I am so thankful for God's grace and that He sent His son to die on the cross for us! I am thankful for the ways He has made himself evident in my life and the things He teaches and confirms within me in this crazy world I live in. I am thankful for His Word and the encouragement and lessons I can take from reading it.

2. My Fabulous Family. I am so thankful for each member of my family, whether near or far, they mean the world to me. I am especially thankful for the love and friendship I have with my husband. I am thankful for the joy and love that my children bring in to my life. I am thankful that my immediate family is close and my entire family is healthy and happy. I am thankful for my brother and precious nieces and my cousin Ashley and her precious boys my "nephews".

3. My Wonderful Friends. Oh, my friends. I have no idea where I would be without you. I have the greatest friends in the world and even though they may be spread far, I am thankful for the special relationships we are able to maintain albeit the distance. I am thankful for the relationships I have held on to for many, many years and the ones that have most recently blossomed. My girlfriends are pretty much sisters to me and I love them so, so much.

4. My Business. Even though it is a constant struggle, I am thankful that in such a struggling economy, I am still able to financially survive. I am thankful for the humility and lessons that starting a business has taught me. I am thankful for the opportunity to help others on a daily basis and to be able to call that “work”.

5. Blogs. I am thankful for cyber world and all of the amazing friendships I have made online and the relationships that are able to stay nurtured with those I rarely see and even those I have never met. No one can have too many prayer warriors.

6. My mentors. I am thankful for the wonderful people in my life that I have at an arms reach that help me with any question or problem. I am thankful for those of you who give me advice, teach me and yield me.

7. Starbucks (and caffeine in general). I am thankful for Venti Skinny Caramel Macchiatos. I am thankful for coffee, espresso, Cherry Coke and flavored creamer (and to McDonalds who also has good coffee when I’m broke and Jeff is yelling at me about the debit card.)

8. Holidays. Yea for the holidays!! I am thankful for the upcoming holiday season and the gift of family that I am so lucky to have. I am thankful that my out of state friends have an excuse to visit and for giving and receiving….this year, all items made with love.

9. My Fireplace. I am so thankful for the new wood burning fireplace with gas starter that is in our hearth room. It is so relaxing and peaceful and keeps us toasty warm.

10. My Pets. I absolutely adore my dogs and Tony the Tiger. They are amazing little creatures that are so in tune to this family and all of the dynamic.

I had a tough Thanksgiving this year that made me that much more thankful for many things. This is just a short list of things that immediately jump in my head. After the first few, they are in no particular order. I am so thankful for everyone in my life... each of you mean so much to me and hold a special place in my heart. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope this holiday season is a time for reflection of the wonderful gifts and blessings God has given you. Thank you God for being so gracious and giving!

Cya,
Kacy

No comments: