Thursday, April 24, 2008

On my Journey

Ya know, I didn't realize that starting this would give me something else to feel guilty about. If I skip it, I feel guilty for not doing it. If I stay up after everybody else goes to sleep, I fall asleep and forget half of what I wanted to say during the day. Tonight, life is going on around me and I'm selfishly absorbed in my computer. Oh well......sometimes something has to give.
A friend of mine and fellow agent said to me today that my numbers (at work) would look better if I worked more than part time. Maybe I should consider HIM a fellow agent and not a friend. A friend would realize that not only am I an agent, but a mother, a wife, a daughter, an aunt, a janitor (at both home and work), a laundromat, a grocery shopper, a counselor, a volunteer, a nurse, a veterinarian, a decorator, a builder, a mechanic, a gymnastics coach, a cheerleader, a teacher, a sister and a coffee barista AND I do it all in a three inch heel. Try that, and then we'll talk about being friends again. That bothered me and got me thinking about all of the things I do in a day. I thought about making a list and then decided that would only depress me.
On top of all that, I had a strange reaction to a new medication today while I was out of town for a continuing education class. Being an hour and a half from home when you don't feel good is no fun. I am feeling much better tonight but not really great enough to deal with the bottle of tarragon leaves my daughter just spilled all over the floor. I hope those aren't poisonous to the dogs because they are licking them up faster than she is sweeping and I'm just ignoring all of it.
Dalton and Savannah both have projects due at school in the next couple of days, so tonight was "Project Night" at the Acree house. It's a good thing Jeff was up for it, because I was NOT. Savannah's looks pretty good, but I'm gonna hold my breath on Dalton's. I don't know if he or Jeff knows anything about spices or seeds. And for that matter, they both lost their minds and forgot the computer was behind them and kept coming back to the bedroom to ask me questions. I did good and stayed out of it but only because this is for "extra credit". I'm not sure he will get it.
Mom had to go to the funeral home for one of her best friends from high school tonight. Her friends dad passed away. I haven't seen her to find out if my uncle got out of the hospital. Sorry I didn't make an entry yesterday, but I guess, looking back, it's been pretty busy around here. I did manage to get the stitches out of the dog's bellies and I think that nightmare is over. Now, all of the "bitches" in the Acree house have been "fixed" except for Savannah.
Jeff has been up to his usual. His back hurts from playing with all of the toys in the garage. BUT, the golf cart works well and so does the scooter. He taught the kids how to "lay rubber" in the golf cart yesterday afternoon in our garage. That was interesting. Dalton wrecked the scooter and took most of the skin off of his knee so he learned that riding just after it stops raining is not a good idea. He waited until bedtime to tell me he hit his face on the pavement too. I guess that means he's smart. I wonder what flavor of Jello his brain will be before I get him grown up?
Lelania and I were at that class today and I had one of those great moments where you laugh so hard you cry. I love those moments. They don't happen very often. They usually happen when you are deliriously exhausted (check). Today was at lunch at the Tupelo Country Club. It wasn't the most opportune time to have a meltdown, but it was good. She and I both indulged in blueberry pie AND banana pudding. She dropped a little blueberry on the table and "soiled the linens" as we were listening to a live piano solo of "A Few of My Favorite Things" and I guess it was just more than I could handle. I laughed until I cried......guess you had to be there.
Well, Stella looks a little comatose but she is breathing and still has her head up. I guess I better go see about those tarragon leaves. Maybe she's high and I should just let her enjoy.....wow, just another day in paradise.
Hug your babies and share your love!
Cya,
Kacy

No comments: