Monday, June 29, 2009

Just Living.....

WOW! That about sums it up. What a week!
I was thrilled to be back at work today. Sounds nuts, huh? I have to give a huge shout out to all of the ICU nurses and doctors and folks on the Funeral Home Staff. You peeps are some special folks. I don't know how ya'll do it. I just know I couldn't do it. If I was called "crude" once this week, I was called it 100 times (Thanks ASHLEY!). I don't have the verbal calmness to work in either of those professions, but I thank God for you all.
Aunt Beth was layed to rest yesterday afternoon right beside her son Jonathon and just below her father. She's in a good place now. My Grandmother hasn't gotten out of bed yet. I don't blame her. I'm exhausted!! I can't imagine going through all of that at 72 much less it being my daughter. Please keep her in your prayers for as long as you remember. I told her so many times that I wished I could just take all of her pain and just never even tell her about it. I would have done that for her. That's how heartbreaking it was to watch what she had to go through. It's that way for any parent, I'm sure. It hurts to think about.
ONWARD, to other things........
We are officially under contract on our new home. I'M SO EXCITED!! If I wasn't so worn out, I'd go get the pictures out of my truck and share them. I can't. Please forgive me one more night. I'm getting back in the swing of things and even knew what day of the week it was MOST of today. HA. I promise I'll get the pics up. Don't be too harsh. You have to see this venture with a VERY creative eye. You also have to realize how badly Jeff and I want a SMALLER home. WE HATE THE BIG HOUSE THING. If you have a big house, power to you. It didn't work for me. Hindsight is such a blessing. I can't wait to all be back on one floor with no room for mess and chaos. Oh, how I miss the days of being able to clean my whole house in one day!! We are going to start tearing out walls and plumbing and cabinets in a few days. I've been picking out paint colors today. Think....chocolate brown furniture with white wainscoting and lime green....a little brown and cream zebra action and some accessories with oranges and reds and a little blue. OH YEAH, I'm excited. I'm trying to find a really bold retro print wallpaper for a focal wall. If you've seen anything that you love love lately, let me know. There just aren't enough hours in the day when it comes to this kind of stuff. I love it!! Now that I have a space, I'm ready to start making it MINE. I'm ready to smack my FLAVA all over it.
It's OFF with the hair tomorrow. I've tried this growing out thing and I hate it. I haven't cut it the last few months because I was always told that short hair made you look fat. WELL, I'm over it. Fat makes you look fat. Short hair is short hair and I'm ready to have mine back. I just don't have time for the flat iron and all this business, not to mention I'm gray as a goose and tired of giving half my paycheck to have it colored not to mention the 2 and half hours it takes. I'm over it. I'm ready for funk and fun and crazy. I don't know how professional a Mohawk will be, but I guess we'll try it out.
I'm out to catch some ZZZ's. I've got to start clearing out around here and figuring out how to get 7000 square feet to fit back into 1800. (What's that about a square peg in a round hole???) I only have until the end of JULY.

Peace,
Kacy
P.S. It feels good to be back. Thanks for all of your thoughts and your kind notes. Jama, I had no idea you were out there. I miss you and everyone asked about you at the reunion. I hope you are well. Oh and Melanie, I would never tell someone paying me a compliment to "kiss my ass". I'm blunt, not stupid. Thanks for your kind words.

4 comments:

RADstitches said...

Thanks for giving me a kick in the patootie... I have been busy and lazy! 7000? REALLY? I am in 3,000++ and it wears me out trying to keep up! Good luck! Oh, the colors sound great!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy crapole I can't even fathom 7000 sq ft...seriously that is unreal. How much furniture do you have? Are you having a sale to sell any?? I need some new things so ya never know lol.
You are a busy beaver, can't wait to hear about the new do, take pics and post them along with the house stuff....my house is tiny compared to yours and there are 7-9 living here every day...

melanie, aka Mo said...

Kacy. I can't even find where I commented. Hope I wasnt' perceived as rude. You know I love ya! And while looking for my comment, I found your nightgown. I want one! How much material and cashola would it take for you to make me one? I have some fabric on its way to me now, so I will have some new to choose from. Will you make me one?! Or I can trade you some earrings?! Let me know ! Shake 4 Jake ROCKED! Just in case you were thinking about not coming next year!!

Oh,and we are going big house. I am already worried about it! I like my cozy little nest. But no room for the kiddos to grow up and I can't stand the upstairs either! So, ours will be about a mile long, but only a useless little loft upstairs! Our actual "living" space isn't all that big. More entertainment areas are what make it spread out. And of course, my ARRrrttt roommm! (Hear the harps?) mo

RADstitches said...

Where are you woman!!?!?! Happy RED, WHITE a BLUE day!