Monday, July 14, 2008

A Little Catching Up

HELLO! I'M SHOUTING! CAN YOU HEAR ME? I'm just enjoying life tonight. This is ME time. I am taking the time to sit down and do something I want to do. I want to blog. I'm behind on keeping up with my life. That sounds strange, doesn't it? It's the truth. Pardon my randomness here, but I have things to catch up on.
Dalton won the best camper award at camp.
Is that a dirty little boy or what? His bar of soap came home used, but honestly, I think he just wet it to make it look like he used it. What's up with that anyway? Tonight, I was cutting his fingernails which were funk-o-matic and I told him he HAD to take a shower tonight. You would have thought I had taken away his television. He wanted to know what he had to do tomorrow and why I was being so mean. The boy stinks and he won't wear anything but tagless Hanes white undershirts....another little "quirk" he has developed.
Check out this picture...
First, I was so glad Jeff took my camera to catch these moments. After 13 years of marriage that boy might be finally learning just a few things. Thank you Jeff.
I was not able to go with them to get my baby boy. I had to work. This was him calling me when Jeff got there. It was the first time we talked all week and we both got a little choked up. To be honest, I got a lot choked up and the tears are flowing seeing the picture again. How do you express how you feel about your children? Yes, they drive me crazy, but who would I be without them. I'll never forget the day when I was nineteen and had just gotten out of the hospital for my fourth surgery to remove scar tissue from my ovaries. My doctor, the incredible Dr. Tom Greenwell, told me over the phone that day that my chances of having children were gone short of a miracle. Well, I have two miracles. God Power. Look at God working in my little boys life. While we pray everyday with our children, it is so rewarding to see them praying when they aren't with us. It just shows me that we, as parents, are doing our jobs and opening the doors for our kids to make wonderful choices and grow in their faith.

Dalton got home on Friday and we left for the lake on Saturday morning. We had a great time with some friends from way back. Jeff's best friend from college has a house on the Tennessee River and we went to play with him and his two boys and a friend. My camera batteries were dead when we got there and headed to the lake. I missed some amazing pictures of the kids skiing and tubing. We even saw a bald eagle perched on a tree stump in the middle of the river. Can you believe I missed that opportunity? I did snap a few at dinner and of the kids playing.

We really had a great time and it was a much needed mental break for me. Did I mention Dalton lost another tooth? Friday night.

Savannah and I did a little shopping yesterday. We had a lot of fun together this past week. Yesterday, she indulged me while I tried out some new eyeshadow techinques on her. One eye had a deep rose and gold and the other eye had blue and silver. I really liked the blue and silver. In case you can't tell, I am definately a product of the 80's. I love big hair and I really leaned toward the blue and silver eyeshadow. Today, however, I wore the rose and gold to work. I'm a little scared to pull off the blue, at work that is. I need a nightout to try out the bolder colors.
I spent the afternoon with a consultant at work. I'm really struggling right now with all of that. I'm feeling a little vulnerable and can't really put my finger on it exactly. I think it is the fact that I know this expansion is in many ways like starting over. It means a lot of time away from my family. It means Jeff will get to do field trips and have more of a relationship with the kids teachers. It means their friends birthday parties will catch me off guard and unprepared and that Jeff and I will keep up with our schedules through Outlook and email. I've been there and it's hard. I thank God everyday for the incredible father Jeff is. I don't know another man that does what he does for his children. He insists on being active in everything they do and like I said, many times knows more than I do. We have made the decision for me to commit to this together knowing that is the best decision for the future and I know it is the right decision. It is still hard.
We are headed to the beach on the 25th of July. We are staying in a quaint little house in Alys Beach not far from Seaside. I can't wait. We haven't been to the beach in years. I can't wait to stand in the sand and feel the ocean on my feet. My birthday is the 27th and I want nothing more than to be out of town with just my family at the beach. I'm weepy tonight. I'm feeling thankful and overwhelmed with the opportunities I have been given.
Jessi, girl, I need help with my banner. I finally got some pics I want to use. I just need your creative touch. I can't get Picnik to work. Help if you can.
Hug your babies and remember to share your love.
Cya,
Kacy
I'm already thinking of things I've left out.....

1 comment:

Jessi said...

You have such a beautiful family. Your post made me feel a little weepy, but in a good way :)

Let's get rockin' on that blog banner, I resent my e-mail address.