Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weekend Update

Wow, this week really got away from me. It was a good week though, very busy. I never felt quite up to par. I don't rebound from illness the way I used to. I guess I had that notorious 24 hour stomach bug. It's all good now.

Missy, isn't Izzy the best? I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. I can't imagine. I've actually found myself wondering what I would do when that day comes. She is absolutely my best friend. She sleeps with me every night and cuddles with me on the couch. We spend time with each other every morning and I always just want to take her to work with me. If she didn't throw up in the truck, I would. SHE ROCKS. She's a little timid around people she doesn't know but she eventually warms up.

Since my energy reserves were running on empty this week, I didn't make much progress on the kitchen. We did, however, cook every night and were able to eat at home. I know that seems like a simple pleasure. Just imagine if you couldn't do that....that really stunk. Not so much at first, but it grew old really fast! I managed to get the laundry caught up but haven't been able to get Jeff and Dalton to stop fighting. I don't understand that. Jeff has been all over Dalton the last few weeks for the exact things he does. It drives me crazy. We have two great kids and I can't figure out why Jeff wants to fight all the time. He doesn't do that with Savy, but he stays on Dalton's case. I see Dalton slowly shutting down and losing respect for his dad. I tried talking to Jeff about it last night, but Jeff isn't very good about admitting his own flaws or even listening when you try to discuss them. SO...may very well be, a lost cause. Jeff, if you are reading, wake up and nurture the relationships you have with BOTH of your kids. They are growing up too fast and I hate to tell you, but you aren't always right.

I had a checkup appointment with the GREAT BOWTIE (my Rheumatologist) this week. I've got some more new inflammation in my hands. It really just started about two weeks ago. I guess I had sort of been in denial about it. I was blaming it all on the extreme cold. Even though, there is no documentation that clearly correlates the cold weather with arthritis, it is a well understood phenomenon amongst those of us with the problem. Anyway, I am going to see if Methotrexate will calm this back down.

Today, I am explaining the "Word of the Year" to Savannah and we are going to work on our "52Q" tags. I'm excited to use my artsy side for awhile. I feel like it is such a struggle to make time for that side of myself. I wish it were more a part of my everyday life. I'll work on that.... The Intergalactic Bead Show is next weekend at the AgriCenter. I am really looking forward to it. Savannah and I went last year but I had NO idea what to expect or even what I was doing. It's all different this year and I can't wait to stock up on some new things. I'm looking forward to all the new colors and to see what all I can put together.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
SHINE,
Kacy

No comments: