Monday, January 4, 2010

The End of an Era

Today was the last day of Christmas Vacation! It's 8:30 and my kids are getting ready for bed. This was Dalton's last Elementary School Christmas Vacation. That thought just hit me today. These wieners are growing up way too fast. I just don't know if I'm ready for Middle School. Thank goodness it's not Savannah. She's a whole other ball game. I feel like it's gonna be a long night. They have been staying up late and sleeping late for weeks. Tonight is going to be shocking for their little systems.

We spent one of the coldest days of the year today without any HEAT. Our heat went out about 3 this morning. When I woke up at 8 it was 55 degrees in the house. UGGGHHHH. About 5 this afternoon, we had heat again and found out it was some little part that cost about $6. We spent the day huddled up under an electric blanket with a space heater. My body does NOT react well to the cold temperatures.

I was hoping to finish unpacking my kitchen today but the thought of standing with my hands in a sink of water while freezing just wasn't all that appealing. To all you NON-believers about my lack of a kitchen, I give you a visual.


We've made a ton of progress, but I swear we are snake bitten on this "project". Sorry I didn't clean up for the photo op. I'm over it. That box on top of that stove has more of my pots and pans in it. I started unloading and hand washing dishes on Saturday and putting them away in cabinets. Most of them are done. I have that box of pots and pans to finish and my silverware is still lurking around here somewhere. Oh, and my coffee mugs...I haven't found those yet either. We bought a new fridge...not the one in the picture and a stove in November. We also bought the microwave on Black Friday. Last week, we took the microwave out of the box to hang it and it was USED. Nice, just what I always wanted. Soooooo, we took it back to Sears and of course they were out of that one and had to order us a replacement. It took another week, but it's finally in. I know you are wondering why the stove is in the middle of the floor....well, like I said we bought the stove and fridge from an appliance dealer in Memphis back in November. Our friend Rohn went and picked the stove up for us one day last week and brought it down one night after the plumbers left from moving the gas line (and fixing the kids tub, YEA!). I was so excited and ran in from shopping with the kids. I thought Jeff and Rohn were playing a joke on me when I saw it. They were so proud they had moved it in and unwrapped it and were getting ready to hook it up. I just stared at Jeff and wondered what happened to my husband, because this was some strange stove I had NEVER seen before. He didn't even notice. WHAT? SOOOO, anyway, I've got the wrong stove. At this point, I just want a freaking stove. I mean, how important is convection anyway? Of course, they don't have the one they sold me in stock.....yada yada yada. You see? I'm over it. They say good things come to those who wait. BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA.

So that is my picture for today. One of the projects I committed to this year is Project 365. Today is the only day (so far, of course) that I only took one picture. I haven't figured out how I want to document them all yet. I'm still working out the details. One of the details I MUST figure out is how to get my camera to post the date on my pictures. Canon Rebel xTi....anyone know?

After a long day on my construction site, I think it's time for a pain killer and some zzzzzzz's. It's back to work for me tomorrow and I have to admit, I'm happy about it. I'm ready for the routine and ready to start swinging it in 2010. I think it's going to prove to be a trying year in the insurance industry. I'm ready for the challenge.

SHINE,

Kacy

1 comment:

Renee said...

Oh wow! Your kitchen has come a long way. Looking good! I go back to work tomorow too. Not looking to waking up early but looking forward to a routine again too. Have a good one!