Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hey, Wait for Me, Here I Come, I Promise

WOW. I'm living in a whirlwind lately. Ok, boring post with no pictures, but I'm making progress to get back to that........
So today I had what my family lovingly calls a schitzoembolism (skit-so-em-bo-lism). That's a really nice way of saying I went completely off the deep end and my head spun around like Linda Blair's did in the Exorcist and now tonight everyone is just praying that tomorrow comes soon. I finally lost my mind.
My test is next Saturday at 12:30 at the University of Memphis. I'm leaving tomorrow for Nashville to the Allstate Regional Headquarters to spend the week with a Securities Licensing Instructor. That's all great for my test and all, but I'm missing Dalton's 10th Birthday which is Tuesday. To just say stressed is putting it too mildly. I'll be home Thursday night with a little more study time and also have to have a birthday party planned and all arrangements made for a swimming and slumber party Saturday after my test.
After my melt down tonight, I think we made the decision to get me some more help. I need help with my house. I'm very blessed to have this big wonderful place and don't get me wrong I love it, but some days I just want my 1800 square feet zero lot back. Jeff and I had a rough weekend to say the least and the kids are growing up too fast and work is moving at warp speed and I can't keep those darn rings out of the toilets and they are sending me over the edge. I need help. I can't keep up and I can't find what I enjoy in any of it. I'm going to find a personal assistant. I think it's time. I took pictures this afternoon of Dalton in all of his football gear. He looks like a 12 year old instead of a 9 year old. I'll get them up this week. I'll be lonely in my hotel room in Nashville and I'm sure I'll need a study break.
Thanks for checking in on me Dawn. I wish the test was behind me. That will take a huge load off. I've learned some new things lately. I need to set up a link to my kids DVD. I think I know how now.
I also read "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch and if you haven't I highly recommend it. I have it if anyone would like to borrow it. You can even get on You Tube and just watch his speech if you like, but you also need to read the book. I'm hoping it will help me find perspective this week, but I won't make any promises.
Hug your babies and share your love. I'm asking you to share some with me. I'm struggling right now.
Cya,
Kacy

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hey Sweetie. Sorry for the rough weekend you had. I pray things get better. I have a friend that cleans houses if you are interested. She cleans mine once a month for me. If you want, I will see if she is available to clean yours...just let me know.

Happy Birthday Dalton.

Kacy - an old preacher of mine used to say two things that would keep me going. One - Keep your chin up. Two - Square your shoulders and keep pressing on.

I love you girl. Remember that I am just a phone call away.