Monday, May 17, 2010

Fast Pitch!!

I'm trying to keep it together, but it's 12:06 a.m. I've been at a soccer tournament ALL weekend in either the scorching sun or a monsoon.  I'm exhausted, have had an Ambien and am still awake.  I am obviously the mother of a child who is about to graduate from elementary school.  I am about to lose it!!  How do you do this?  Every time I try to even think about the fast approaching ceremony, I can feel all of the stomach fluid in my body making it's way up to my throat.  My baby boy...my sweet child...the tender hearted one that prays for the class bully...How do I enroll him in Middle School?  I want him to stay in the cocoon that Jeff and I have helped build a.k.a. Pleasant Hill Elementary School.  Dalton was in the very FIRST Kindergarten class there.  He has grown up with the school.  I can't stand it.

Emotions...that's an understatement.  I'm overflowing with JOY for my boy, but I'm not ready for this part of life to be a pastime. 

We have an insanely busy week.  I have training tomorrow from noon to 5 and then a compliance inspection on Tuesday.  Dalton has Takewondo Tuesday as well.  Wednesday, Dalton and I have to be at school at 5:30 in the a.m. to board a chartered bus to Huntsville AL to the Space Center.  Savannah has a soccer game Wednesday night but Dalton and I won't make it home until around 9 or 9:30.  Thursday, we have Savannah's initial workup with the Pediatric Rheumatologist and then she has another soccer game that night (the last of the season).  Friday is Savannah's class picnic and Field Day for which I am the Room Mother.  If you see me around town this next week please pardon the gray roots, I realize my hair looks a hot mess, but I'll be lucky to put clean clothes on everyday this week so we'll get to those roots sometime around the first of JUNE.

I know we will make it, we always do, but this is the first time one of my babies graduated from elementary school.  I cried for a week when he left preschool.  He's fine and excited about it, but I could sure use some prayers.

I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures after Wednesday and will update as soon as I can catch my breath.

By the way, the soccer tournament went well and the girls, and boys, for that matter had a good time.  We won our first game by a landslide.  We lost the second game in a hurricane but the girls could not have played any better.  They walked off the field with their heads held high.  We played again this morning and lost again and honestly didn't play with much heart....It was one of "those".  Two more games this week and then the season is over.  Tryouts of the new teams are the first week of June.  Gonna be tough!

SHINE,
Kacy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in their girlfriend. Yes our kids grow up and it is sad, but we have medication. Seriously, you have raised and continue to raise beautiful loving kids. I am excited to see them grow and become GREAT people. I love the ACREES!!!!

Jenifer said...

I don't know why it says Anonymous - but the post was from me (Jenifer).