Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dalton is a RED BELT!!

I'm just going to go ahead and admit to not really getting the whole Taekwondo thing.  Dalton has been taking classes for the last three years, although he took about nine months off last year to adjust to competitive soccer and middle school.  But, he LOVES it.  So, like a good mama, tonight I sat and watched him test for his Red Belt and succeed.  Even though I couldn't have told you if he did something wrong or not, it made my heart smile.  I gave my seat up to the parents of a girl his age who was testing for her Black Belt tonight.  I figured my good spot for photos would be better served with them considering the huge accomplishment she was making.  I ended up in the back and couldn't get a good shot of Dalton.  I'll score one next week during class when is wearing his Red Belt with pride :)

I didn't get to practice my Cath skills today, because they sent the ENTIRE Freshman I Nursing Class for a drug test today to an office that had a total of two people giving the tests.  If I'm not mistaken there are 87 students at this point.  Of course, I had the extra large coffee this morning and had to wait just over two hours to pee in a cup.  I gave new meaning to "My Cup Runneth Over".  Anyway...some of my group decided to be dedicated and go to school on our day off tomorrow to learn this important skill.

Several people have asked me lately, why Savannah changed her name to Blue.  Trust me, it gets complicated at times.  Especially on the soccer field (where she spends the majority of her time) when she is in her red uniform and they are playing a team in blue uniforms.  Parents from the other team look at us like we are crazy, because everyone from our stands is cheering for Blue.  Anyway, Jeff started calling her Blue when she was a tiny little thing....
It was those eyes.  They are much lighter now, and some days even more of a hazel color, but she made it clear she did not want to be called Hazel.
For good measure, here is a picture of my sweet boy too.  These are just some pictures we took over the summer.  We had a fabulous 10 day vacation to Sandestin this year.  I wish I was there now.
He is so stinking cute and so sweet to his mama.  I think it's just a boy thing. 

Oh what I would give to be back at the beach.

This picture wins the award for my FAVORITE of the whole year.  If this isn't the Acree's, I don't know what is.... 
Instead of being on the beach, I'm at home where the temps have been fabulous and the windows have been open all week. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  We are actually home this weekend and then if I'm not mistaken I'm out of town for the next 3 weekends.  I plan to spend quite a bit of time at my table in the middle of my den.  I managed to empty ALL of the laundry baskets in the house tonight.  That is serious business around here and very rare.  Oh, and one last thing, besides idiots in the car rider line at school, I think this is my biggest pet peeve...

Seriously???
Kacy

No comments: