Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crawling Back

It's time to write...sometimes it's hard to write.  The more I don't write, though, the harder it gets.   My dysfunctional family has reached an all time dysfunctional high.  Or would that be a low?  Whatever it is, it's just plain NUTS and I'm just plain OVA IT.

I try to keep it positive and sometimes that just means I don't write....have you noticed how long I've been gone?  Well, I'm back and just like I've had to stay away from reading some other folks nonsense, they can stay away from mine. 

My family experienced a great loss last week.  My cousin Dylan took his life.  (That's a tough sentence to type...I just tried several different ways to say that, but there isn't a better way.)  Dylan had to endure way too many things in his short 26 years.  He lost his little brother and his mother and battled addiction since junior high.  He was truly one of the most handsome men I've ever known.  I didn't realize until after I had gotten this news that I had TWO pictures of him on my desk at work.  It's been a week and a half now and I am still in shock.  My dysfunctional family flared up two days before his intimate funeral service.  We were all able to be in the same room together and the service was lovely.  A pastor that knew Dylan from his childhood did the service and spoke words that my heart desperately needed to hear.

  Tomorrow would have been his birthday.  RIP Dylan.  I love you.

On a lighter note, my last final of this semester is tomorrow morning and YES, I should be studying right now.  All the more reason to blog, right?  I start the Nursing Program in August and I think I'm getting NERVOUS, but super excited at the same time.

The kiddos are taking their state tests this week.  They are both bundles of nerves and energy.  Dalton is being inducted into the Junior Honor Society a week from tonight.  SO PROUD OF HIM :)

We will explore what is on the camera next time...There is no telling...It's been awhile.

Kacy

No comments: